Wednesday, December 16, 2009

District 9- Golden Globe Reaction

Below are reaction statements from Neill Blomkamp and Terri Tatchell about their Golden Globe Nomination for Best Screenplay.

"Obviously, I'm over the moon. When we first began to think about writing District 9, awards were the last thing on our minds -- we were just trying to tell a story that would resonate with people -- we never expected this… I'm humbled and flattered. And I want to thank Peter Jackson and Fran Walsh -- they believed in us from the start and they're the reason we're here today."
-Neill Blomkamp

"Everything about District 9 has been like a dream, and I really didn’t think it could get any better! Talk about the icing on the icing! Working with a creative mind like Neill Blomkamp was gift enough, but combine that with the genius of Peter Jackson, Fran Walsh and Philipa Boyens and I thought I’d never be able to stop pinching myself. Then Sharlto Copley literally became Wikus, taking him beyond anything we could have ever written. And Christopher Johnson – he already felt real to me, but Image Engine’s incredible work made him real to everyone. What more could a writer ask for? I am beyond honored to have been nominated, but absolutely share this nomination with everyone who worked so hard to make District 9 the success that it was."
-Terri Tatchell

No comments: